Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Song Interpration



Seasons in the Sun 



Goodbye to you my trusted friend
We've known each other since we were nine or ten
Together we've climbed hills and trees
Learned of love and ABC's
Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees
Goodbye my friend it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and I'll be there
We had joy, we had fun
we had seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time
Goodbye Papa please pray for me
I was the black sheep of the family
You tried to teach me right from wrong
Too much wine and too much song
Wonder how I got along
Goodbye Papa it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
Little children everywhere
When you see them, I'll be there
We had joy, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun
But the wine and the song
Like the seasons have all gone
We had joy, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun
But the wine and the song
Like the seasons have all gone

Goodbye Michelle my little one
You gave me love and helped me find the sun
And every time that I was down
You would always come around
And get my feet back on the ground
Goodbye Michelle it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
With the flowers everywhere
I wish that we could both be there




Seasons in the Sun Lyric’s by Terry Jack.



It’s a goodbye song about a person who is sure of meeting up with his death soon. He thanks all the people responsible for lovely memories in his life.

He first bids goodbye to his friends, the dear friends who he spent most of his life with when he was a kid. He tells them when to remember him. He then sort of apologises and bids farewell to his father.

Goodbye Michelle my little one” might be his daughter and he thanks to her for being the light in his life.

He’s also saying goodbye to his father. He feel by telling his father he did do his best,you tried to teach me right from wrong.

Then, he’s saying goodbye to his closest friend remembering times they spent.

The chorus part symbolises the different time in his life

the wine and the song like the seasons have all gone” says that all these phases of life will come to an end with the ultimate end, which is his death.

now that the spring is in the air with the flowers everywhere” is the time when he has to go

Personally for me this song is amazing. It sounds like a man realizing that even with all the wonderful memories, such as family and friends there’s a time when you have to let go. It’s a very touching song its highly recommended to people that experienced loss and death in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Reflection This is my last entry for this semester 2. During 6 months here as IKMKL student, I have learnt so many things and gained n...