Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Unit 4 : Language Form and Function (to apologize)



Function : How to apologize

Today I learned function and expression of how to apologize. As usually my activity for today, I need to form a dialogue with my partner. Below is a dialogue between me and my partner, Jerry (as teacher). Today I learned function and expression of how to apologize. As usually my activity for today, I need to form a dialogue with my partner. Below is a dialogue between me and my partner, Jerry (as teacher).  But before that let's take a look what is expression of how to apologize. 

To apologize is to tell someone that you are sorry for having done something that has caused him inconvenience or unhappiness:

Examples:
I must apologize to Isabel for my late arrival.
I'd like to apologize for my trouble making.
Trains may be subject to delay on the northern line. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

This is my dialogue for apologize:






Me : Excuse me, Sir.

Teacher (Jerry)  : Why are you so late, Shahril?

Me : I am very sorry, but i got a traffic jam.

Teacher (Jerry) : Really? You told me the same thing every time you came late.

Me : But, Sir. I was really trapped in the traffic jam. I do apologize.

Teacher (Jerry) : Next time, please come earlier, otherwise you will miss the lesson.

Me : Ok, Sir. I promise!

Teacher (Jerry) : Good! Then you may have a seat.


P/S : From this lesson, i know how to use the function and expression in any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Reflection This is my last entry for this semester 2. During 6 months here as IKMKL student, I have learnt so many things and gained n...