Sunday, July 22, 2018

Diphthong and Silent letter



Today I learned about diphthong and silent letter. This is my first time learning this topic... 
I had a hard time to understand this. So I am going to share this topic with u guys. I hope it will be useful for u guys..


Do you know what is diphthong? 

  1. a sound formed by the combination of two vowels in a single syllable, in which the sound begins as one vowel and moves towards another (as in coinloud, and side ).
    • a digraph representing the sound of a diphthong or single vowel (as in feat ).
    • a compound vowel character; a ligature (such as æ ).



This video explain more abaut it.





This topic i found it quite fun and interesting. It;s not that difficult to master on this.. Let's learn together. Don't forget to comment on it:-

Silent Letter

In an alphabetic writing system, a silent letter is a letterthat, in a particular word, does not correspond to any sound in the word's pronunciation.Phonetic transcriptions that better depict pronunciation and which note changes due to grammar and proximity of other words require a symbol to show that the letter is mute.




Thanks for watching



1 comment:

Reflection

Reflection This is my last entry for this semester 2. During 6 months here as IKMKL student, I have learnt so many things and gained n...